Sunday, September 11, 2011
I Don't Have Anything to Write About
One thing I've been focusing on with my kids lately is developing ideas in writing. It's actually part of a writing process called the Six Traits of Writing. Developing good ideas is the first component or trait. We have been focusing on the fact we can get an idea of things to write about from anything and everything we experience; things that happen on our street, eating dinner, walking to school, getting ready for bed etc. I had to smile this morning as I was thinking about Mom's email she sent me the other day saying she checks my blog every day. I haven't updated it in a long time because I don't have anything to write about. Maybe I should take my own advice I teach my kids and use it to write something on my blog. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment