Sunday, October 23, 2011

Super Saturday in Boise

The trees in Boise right now are absolutely beautiful! I loved the slight color change on them. During our drives around town, we saw all sorts of colors, brilliant red, orange, and everything in between.
So, Mom and I talked for about an hour before anyone else was up. Then Ash woke up and stole the phone to talk to Mom. She wasn't on the phone longer than 5 minutes and they were disconnected. Ash was less than thrilled about that. Then Mom called back....
...then Donny stole the phone from Ash and talked to Mom for awhile.
While all the stealing was going on, I got ready for the day.
Ashley got the phone back from Donny and talked to Mom all the way to our next destination....








After playing in Winco, we checked out. Ashley got Donny chips that were Halloween Ghosts, pumpkins and bats. Clever....


After drinking all sorts of yummy things, I really needed a little girl's room. This was the next stop.
Ashley got Halloween candy to go in the Spider web and ghost.
We went to Good Will next. We found these CUTE shoes, but they were too big for either one of us!
Treasures we found at Good Will and DI that day: microfich reader, mail box, fake trees (which I got for my room) and full adult size feety pj's with snowflake gem on the zipper....
Yes, we shoved that tree in the back of Ashley's car. I put my seats down and drove it all the way back to my house. It looks perfect in my room!
Ashley found all sorts of goodies, and paid exact change for it. It might be surprising people use cash anymore, but the most amazing thing about the exact change was it was ALL the change she had in her wallet. Not even a loose loner penny left over....
Our last stop was at Costco for some essentials and parked next to a van with some unique curtains....
Lunch on the go.....
The essentials included: pizza slice for Donny, pumpkin pie for Donny and Dad, and Roasted Red Pepper soup for everyone.
In case there was any mistaking where we went for lunch, I included my Costco card....


Friday night, we went to Thai Pan Trading and found this cute white owl ornament. (Can you believe we can buy Christmas decorations already??) Ash needed to introduce one little owl friend to the owl ring (which she previously got at Thai Pan).
Dad and Ash looking up movies for tonight. We ended up going to Cowboys and Aliens. It's definitely a guy movie, through and through.
At Good Will, I tried on a shoe that Ash decided she didn't want. As I was straightening back up, I found this cute gray shirt calling Ashley's name. It came home with her.

Dad wanted to spray off "a couple things" as he said it. We wondered which bees he wanted left on the front of the van.
That guy in the suds is a goner either way. No surviving the soap bath.



Second trip to Costco for half this party....


We exhibited our best behavior as there were many people at Costco following the BSU game. (Which was a close game, but BSU won). We killed a lot of time while waiting for the movie to start. Later that night, I was introduced to the all so famous Angry Birds game. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I love visiting my family. It was so enjoyable for me to spend the weekend together!

3 comments:

IrishAngie said...

SOOOO jeaous! I'm glad you guys had fun, but not THAT much fun without me, right?? I love TPT, it's an awesome store.

Tami said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!

The trees are gorgeous! Donny said they were but seeing them here is prettier than I imagined.

Fun to see Ash and Donny talking to me... I had a great conversation with both of them. :)

Your hair so SO CUTE! It must have taken Savanah forever to thin it...I have never seen it so thin. Does it take half the time to fix now? More than half the time? I'm sure you're really enjoying it. The color is just beautiful!

It so fun to see the step by step pictures that I only imagined while talking on the phone with you guys. I can't get over how pretty the trees look this year. I'm sorry to be missing it!

So are those chips Ashley's holding up? Ears and lips? Yikes!
Ash's so funny!

The pic of you with the shopping cart brought back memories of escaping (barely) with our lives from the wild woman in the riding cart. Remember her? So funny!

And, yes, your hair still looks so cute!!

I want to play in Winco with you! Loved seeing my cute little car. I hope Ashley's taking good care of it while I'm gone. What I mean to say is, I hope she's not taking too good care of it so it won't want to go back to Utah with me!

Thankfully that bathroom looks nice and clean for a photo...lol

Halloween candy...Halloween decorations...soon it will be Dad's birthday. Make sure you do something fun for him, k? I'm so sad I'll be here and miss it!!

Those shoes are way cool...did you have to leave them there? Were they MY size? Or Angela's???

I can't believe that Ashley had exact change. She is a true shopper through and through. She needs to give lessons!

Don't tell me those zebra curtains were in a hippie van. Tacky!!

Costco...yum!

I can't believe that Ash's ring is from TPT. I noticed it in an earlier photo and thought it must be from Mary Kay!!

I laughed all the way through this post...until I got to Dad and Ash. Then I cried a little. I miss him!!

Ash's new gray shirt you found her is darling. Way to go!

Okay, even the pics of the hippie van are great. Dad and Donny taking it easy inside cracks me up.

And then back to Costco? Are you crazy?! You even found a place to sit down. Amazing.

Won't Aaron get a kick out of Angry Birds? He has the app on his itouch but I don't think it was as popular then as it is now. I can just picture you giggling over those silly birds flying through the air!

You guys are too cute...taking pictures of all the things you did, saw, and bought. I love it! You took me seriously when I said I wanted to see what you saw! I love you for doing this!!

Thank you thank you thank you! I love you!!

Tami said...

I want you to know that I read through this post every now and again when I need a taste of normal home life in Boise. I love it!