Dear Thanksgiving,
My dear friend, it may seem you have been over looked and pushed to the side. You are important to me and appreciated. However, under the current circumstances, I want to clarify my actions to some degree. The other night (or morning depending on how you look at it) I was traveling home from a friend's house when a Christmas song came on the radio. I was quite surprised, but must admit pleasantly surprised. I didn't change the station or even poo pah at the fact it was November 1, 2011 and Christmas music was coming out of my speakers. I understand your great significance to our great country, and hold firm to the necessity of this celebration. Please don't take it personally when I listen to Christmas music, buy Christmas ornaments, create Christmas presents and am hunting for a Christmas tree already. I treasure you with all your pumpkin pie, turkey, mashed potatoes and eating until I feel my innards threaten to become my out-ards. In fact, some fond memories have come to pass because of you. I will never forget standing in line waiting to eat at Chuck-A-Rama when Ashley called back that she didn't pay for any of our family, in the process shouting at all the customers in between. We've been laughing at that for years. But, that one little shining moment doesn't hold a candle to the Christmas lights (especially at Temple Square), putting together a puzzle piece in the puzzle in the kitchen and many more. I've been thinking about a solution to what may seem to you as a frustration, or more severely, a problem. You may consider having a song. But I suggest this with caution. Don't be creating songs about growing corn stalks blade by blade or stuffing our faces full of food. No one wants to sing about that. Good luck with this endeavor and let me know what solution you come to find. In the mean time, I will listen to my Christmas music, and shop for tree decorations. Thanks for being a steady and faithful friend through the years.
Your friend,
Aimee
1 comment:
This is so cute!! I agree with you. A catchy thanksgiving song would be a good start. We could start playing it on the radio before Halloween, just to get even. :)
Yay! I was walking through the Banqiao subway station when I heard Jingle Bells! It startled me so much I stopped right there...letting all the people domino behind me while I reveled in the moment...!
Loved this post!!
Post a Comment